Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lily is 10 months old!

Hello Everyone!
I'm 10 months old today! It has been another busy month around here and I'm growing bigger and busier with each passing day.


I love to play and sometimes would prefer to play rather than eat.  I have been kind of giving my mom fits about my eating, but for good reason. I have cut three new teeth in the past two weeks and am even working on a fourth right now!


When I'm having a good day with my eating I eat between 19-22oz of formula plus my regular table food. However, when I'm not feeling my best and am working on growing my teeth, I like to eat about 10oz. My mom gets worried about me when I am not drinking enough fluids, but I am stubborn and still refuse!



Overall, I am a very happy and healthy baby. I LOVE to chatter and say the words, "Da-Da," "Ma-Ma" and "Ba-Ba." I like to communicate with anyone and anything that will listen. My favorite word is "Da-Da" and I am on the verge of actually calling him "Da-Da" too!


These days I do not like to stop to have my diaper changed. I am waaay too busy and most of the time, mom and dad try to distract me with toys and songs, but I catch on quickly and try to roll away any ways!


I am still a great sleeper and typically sleep between 12 and 13 hours at night with a couple of naps during the daytime. My afternoon naps have been hit or miss recently though and my mom is trying to figure out why. Perhaps it is because my room is bright and cheery and I just love to chat and play! How can I possibly take a nap when so much is going on around me!?


You can see two of my new teeth in this photo…very exciting stuff!


Even though I sometimes like to put up a fuss about drinking my formula, I have never wavered on my love for my table food. My new favorites are kiwi, cheese, pineapple and cauliflower. Mom says I'm a terrific eater and she is ready for me to be able to only eat solid foods and drink milk. Only a few more months!


As you can see, I love to chew on everything I can get my little hands on. I drool quite a bit, so I always have to wear a bib.


One of my favorite things to do is read. I especially love to read books where I can touch different textures and help lift flaps and turn pages. Mom and dad tell me that I'm a very good reader and helper.


My favorite toys these days are some golf balls that my grandpa gave me, my baa baa (a little sheep I carry with me everywhere) and some new plastic and chewable letters I just got.


 I love to go to the park and swing and be outside. I cannot wait for it to be nice outside so we can go outside and play every day!




I love music. I enjoy making loud sounds with different objects, shaking all of my toys to see if they make noise, and playing on my music table. Whenever music comes on, I love to bounce up and down or sway side to side with a giant smile on my face. It is so much fun!


I have started pointing to various things around the house and noticing them. I love ceiling fans, lights, pictures in frames, things on my shelf and things I see in different rooms as well. It is so much fun to discover all of the things around me.


I am growing so big these days. At my last doctor appointment, I weighed 17.8 lbs and am now 27.25 inches tall.


I had a great time with my dad who was also my mom's photo assistant during today's photo shoot.


I love to clap for myself and just generally have a great time. I just got over my first cold and so I'm feeling much better now…well at least I'm sleeping much better now! My whole family was sick with it and so I enjoyed watching everyone blow their noses and sneeze. I know mom wasn't having too much fun, but I was! I am excited for this next month. Mom and dad are going to help me fill out my first march madness bracket! Can't wait to see how I do!

xo
Love,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment