Monday, November 24, 2014

Logan is 5 Months!





Hello World!

I am five months old today! I have had a busy month.  I drink 7oz bottles about 5-6 times a day.  Sometimes I drink every drop and other times I just have a few ounces...I like to keep my family guessing.  I love being around my family and love to smile and giggle.  I am constantly trying to figure things out and I love to stay really busy.  Mommy calls me her sweet cutie pie.  



I celebrated my first Halloween where I dressed up as a pumpkin.  I did not mind the costume, but I was not a big fan of my pumpkin hat.  


In the afternoon after my nap, we went trick or treating at my Nana and Papa's, my aunt and uncle's house and the home of a family friend.  


I was completely pooped out after that and went to bed shortly after arriving back home.  My sister was Cinderella and she LOVED dressing up and trick-or-treating with our neighbors.  




I slept right through all of the trick or treaters who came to our house.


I am officially a pro at rolling over from my back to my tummy and now love to prop myself up and look around.  I still sometimes struggle with understanding how to roll from my tummy to my back, but sometimes I can do it all by myself.  I love to squeal and talk while on my tummy and I especially love to kick my legs against the floor while I'm on my tummy.  It is great to be able to look all around and see what is going on.  Sometimes I can even roll myself across the room if I want to.  I don't do that all the time, but there have been a few times where I have surprised my mom by being in a new location when she looked away for a few minutes! Everyone in my family thinks I'm going to be on the go really soon!


Now that I'm holding my head steady and working on my core strength, I was able to start playing in my exersaucer this month.  I really like it now that I'm learning how to navigate my way around it and understand how all of the little gizmos work.  Lucky for me, my sister was very eager to teach me.  Like most things I do, I have about a 10-15 minute tolerance and then I'm ready for my mom or dad to move me to my next activity.  Right now I generally move between my play gym, my mom's lap, my swing, my mom's (or my daddy's) arms, my exersaucer, my mom's arms while we walk around the house, my bouncy seat, my mom's arms, read books, play on the floor, sit in my bumbo seat, back to my mom's arms...you get the idea.  That is a typical day- rotating through all of those activities multiple times with a few naps mixed in.  I'm very busy...and my big sister is even busier!


I love to be around my family- especially my sister.  She makes me laugh and I love to watch her running all over the place.  She snuggles me and plays with me and gives me TONS of kisses and lots of encouragement.  I adore her.  


This month I really made a lot of progress on my sleep training that Mom has been trying to teach me.  Mom has gotten me on a pretty regular schedule.  Most days I wake up between 7-7:30am, take a morning nap, then take another afternoon nap around lunch time and then am ready for my bath and bottle around 5pm.  I now sleep from 5:30pm until about 4:30-5am, wake up and have a bottle and then go back to bed until about 7ish in the morning.  Mom and dad are finally getting more sleep!  


While I am a great sleeper at night, I have been struggling a little bit with my naps.  I can now put myself to sleep without much crying, but I tend to wake up about 45 minutes to an hour later.  It frustrates everyone and I always wake up sad and feel and look a little bit tired.  My mom is trying to figure this out so she can help me get my rest.  Everyone seems highly motivated! 


I still HATE my car seat.  Mom wanted me to note that there were at least two times this month where she put me in my car seat that I did not cry.  I did not realize she was keeping track, but I guess she is.  I LOVE my baths.  They are by far my favorite activity. I squeal and splash and kick and play.  I can be in a grouchy-end-of-the-day weepy mood, and then when my mom takes me into the bathroom, it all goes away and I'm super happy and energized.  I love blowing spit bubbles and chewing on/sucking on my thumb.  I love reading my books and have gotten really good at reaching for my toys and grabbing them.  I sometimes can't hold onto them for as long as I'd like, but I am getting really good at grabbing them which is a start!  I love being five months old and I can't wait to see what I learn to do in the next month!


xo
Love,
Logan

No comments:

Post a Comment