Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lily is Seven Months Old today!


 Hello Everyone!
I'm seven months old today and I wanted to tell you all I've been up to over the past month.  I've been really busy doing all kinds of new things.  


My biggest news is that I now drink from a bottle!  Last month I would barely take one or two sips, but now I am drinking about 6oz four times a day!  Mom did not think we would ever get to this day, but after a lot of work, I now even look forward to my bottles!  It was a rough couple of weeks, but we made it!  


In the past month, I have also started eating solid foods!  So far, I love everything I have tried.  Sometimes I make a face when I first try something, but then I realize that I love it and I keep on eating.  


 Some foods I especially love so far are my porridge, pears, avacado, squash, peas, mangos, bananas and sweet potatoes.  Every three or four days I get to try something new so that is exciting.  

I'm still working on learning to drink from my sippy cup.  I can do it, but I really enjoy banging it around on my high chair and I LOVE to drop it on the floor.


Although I am not crawling yet, I'm really close. BUT,  I absolutely have my signature scooch down pat! I can scooch myself across the room and get to where I want to go with no problems.  I am sitting by myself with ease these days too.  After awhile, I tend to lean to the side and then I can't sit myself back up but that is okay, its a fast way to get onto my tummy where I can really move around.  


I'm getting better at going from my belly to almost sitting myself back upright too, but I'm not quite there either.  Lukily, my mom and dad are there to help me when I get stuck.  


 Basically, I am officially on the move now,  so mom and dad are having to adjust everything around the house so that I can't get hurt.  I really love to surprise them with how fast I can go and they are always amazed.


Mom says I am a fantastic sleeper.  I nap for about two hours in the morning and again for two hours in the afternoon and then I sleep for about twelve straight hours at night!  I wake up happy, chatty and full of energy each morning!  


I love to read books, play, explore, dance, go for walks and jump in my jumper.  I enjoy being outside, but not being bundled into my car seat.  I enjoyed my first Thanksgiving and am loving listening to Christmas carols and seeing the Christmas lights all around the house.


Mom thinks I am a very peaceful baby.  I don't get upset easily and I love being around people.  This past month I got to spend time with two of my cousins and I also had my first official playdate!  It was fun and my new pal, Phoebe had a cat which was really exciting.


I love my life and I have wonderful days spent with my family.  I can't wait for the adventures that are ahead for me this month!

xo
Love,
Lily

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah,

    I am a friend of Terri Delimonts and we met at her son Jake's memorial service. I keep up with your blog and just wanted to tell you Lily is so beautiful!!! I really enjoy reading about your life, thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete