Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Weekly Reader

One of my most favorite things to do in my free time is read blogs and over the past couple of years, I have found countless bloggers that I truly love and feel like I "know" them.  I appreciate their talents, their humor, and their authenticity.  I get asked on a pretty regular basis what blogs I enjoy reading and I never know how to answer that question because my Reader is packed with of a wide variety of blogs some are funny, some are foodies, some are writers, some are photographers, some are bakers, some are DIY pros, some are mothers, some are crafters, some are designers or decorators and some just love houses and home decorating like I do...but all are inspiring to me and I love checking in with them any chance I get.

One of my personal goals for 2012 is to make time in my days to read these blogs more since it is something that always brings me life.  So from time to time here on Lassoing, I will pass along some of my favorite posts I read throughout the week in hopes that if something catches your fancy, you will click over to these blogs and perhaps find a new blog you might love too.  I hope you enjoy these links to some of my favorite posts I discovered this week. 

Happy reading!


25 Rules for Mothers of Sons 
     This one made my heart break with my missing of Luke, but the advice was awesome and can be universally applied.

50 Rules for Dads of Daughters
    I thought this was beautiful and made my heart ache with joy for all of the beauty and life that God willing is ahead of us. I really want someone to write one of these lists pertaining to Mothers of daughters.  If you find one please let me know!

Believing in Tim Tebow
   I have never cheered for the Broncos until this season.  Something so compelling about a godly man playing his heart out and giving his life away.  I cannot help but cheer for Tim and his team.  There is no question that God is doing something special through Tim. 

On Remembering
  This post was sent to me by a dear friend. It captures EXACTLY what I have been doing these past few weeks in my reflecting over where we have been with our journey with Luke and all that has happened this past year with loving Lily.  Remembering is so powerful.  Katie is a beautiful writer and inspired me to keep going into this new year with a brave heart filled with thankfulness. I loved this one. 


On Body Image in our daughters
  This one stopped my heart as I had no idea how I would respond.  I am filled with worry about all of the attacks the Enemy has in store for all of these beautiful little girls in this world- even my own.  How to I guard her heart?  Build up her confidence? Teach her self acceptance? By modeling it.  So, so scary and so much work to be done on myself and my own heart so I can be there for Lily.  This was a great inspiration for me as a mother of a daughter.

Word of the Year
   I remember this was a big thing last year in the blog world and I did not do it, but I thought about it a lot over the year and vowed to pick one for myself this year.  I'm going to blog about my choice soon as I've had a little bit of trouble narrowing it down to just one word.  :)  I love Layla's blog. Hers is a cannot miss one for me.

1 comment:

  1. I have started to write too. Take a look at 'outnumbered beavans 11'.

    ReplyDelete