Friday, February 3, 2012

Lily is 9 Months Old!

 Hello Everyone!

I'm nine months old today!  These days I'm busier than ever.  I have been keeping my mom on her toes in many areas of life. 



I continue to pull myself up on everything I can reach...sometimes its the couch, a foot stool, a swing, my toy basket or even people's legs.  I am very steady and sure footed when I am standing too.  I have recently started "cruising" (i.e. walking along the furniture) around the room while standing.  


On a few occasions I have taken some steps on my own while walking behind my toy basket as I push it along.  It is a lot of fun to see everything from my new perspective.


When I'm not standing, I love crawling all over the house.  I'm getting faster and faster and love to follow people when they walk by me.  Mom and I have been spending many afternoons at various local parks around town.  



I could just swing in the bucket swings for hours.  I love having hair that now blows in the wind while I swing.  It is so much fun to see the other people and doggies at the parks too.  That is one of my favorite things to do.


I have enjoyed several play dates this past month and have even joined a play group! I love to see other babies and I try my best to control myself and not crawl all over them, but that does not always work out. 


I love music and like to dance while I'm standing up holding onto things.  My favorite songs right now are Old MacDonald, Apples and Bananas and John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt.  Those always make me laugh and clap.


I sleep great at night and in the mornings, but lately my afternoon naps have been kind of hit or miss.  I love to just play in my crib and talk and talk and talk to myself instead of napping the afternoons. 


I think I am kind of giving my mom fits about that one.  She is trying to figure me out, but so far, she has not cracked the code. 


Another area my mom is trying to figure out with me is my eating.  I love my solid food and have been learning to even eat with my fingers and feed myself!  


However, when it comes to drinking from my bottle, I had to show my mom that I now only wanted to drink from my sippy cup.  That took several days for her to figure out what I was trying to tell her we were both pretty frustrated, but we got it!  


But now, I am not sure why, but I just don't feel like eating much formula these days- period.  I know my mom is worried, but I just cannot help it.  Hopefully we will get things worked out soon and get back on track soon!


I still do not have any teeth yet, so I do a lot of drooling and I love to put everything in my mouth.  I love to read books and play in my exersaucer.  


Cheerios are my favorite finger food and I adore applesauce.  I've become quite a wiggle worm on the changing table and I am super excited and ready to go every time I wake up.  


I have lots of energy and zest for exploring.  I love my life and can't wait to see what is going to happen this next month!



xo
Love,
Lily

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved these posts, but now with my little ones here I love them even more!! I am definitely inspired to capture these precious milestones with Walter and Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete