Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary


Dear Joe,
One year ago today we stood before our friends and family and promised to love one another for better or for worse. We were giddy with joy and eager for the adventure ahead.  We had no idea what was coming:  job loss, death of a grandmother, stress, a parent's health scare, pregnancy, a fatal diagnosis for our unborn son, a full-term pregnancy, the birth, arrival and passing of our son, planning Luke's Honoration service and all the days that have followed.  We also had no idea that despite all of these storms, our love would deepen and grow more beautiful with each passing day.

God picked you for me and you have been the best gift I have ever received.  You have given me your arms, your smile, your sense of humor, your touch, your hope, your strength, your presence, your shoulder, your ears, your friendship and most of all, your heart.  We have created a beautiful life together over this past year.  You are a wonderful husband, an excellent father and a great man.  We have climbed a giant mountain together over this past year, and today on our anniversary, I just want the world to know that I count myself as the luckiest woman on earth and I would marry you all over again in a heartbeat!  I LOVE being your wife.  You continue to help me become a better person and I'm very excited to see what year number two holds for us and for the adventure that is ahead. 

I love you Joe...more every day.  Happy first anniversary!  We made it!  xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love the cirrus clouds that watch over you here. And that Todd was the one to capture that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two! You made it through year one, and that is definitely something to celebrate. Love you both. -K

    ReplyDelete