Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We Met Luke!


 
by Sarah and Joe

we lovingly announce our son and heaven's newest angel

luke cirrus leimer

january 4, 2010 at 9:22am
4 pounds, 9 ounces and 16½ inches long
with love, sarah and joe leimer


As you now know, we named our precious son, Luke Cirrus Leimer.  Cirrus is not your typical middle name for a child and so we wanted to share with you why we chose it and why it is so special to us. As we shared earlier in the blog, Joe and I both love clouds and watching the sky's ever-changing beauty. Cirrus is the name for a specific type of cloud.  Cirrus clouds are the beautiful, wispy, fragile, elegant, sometimes majestic looking clouds that are located the highest up in the atmosphere- the closest to heaven.  When they are present you cannot help but notice their beauty.  We thought that Cirrus would be the perfect name for our beautiful, angel baby who will be residing in heaven as every time we see them in the sky, we will think of him and be reminded of the beauty he added to our lives during his brief visit here.  We hope that the next time you notice those beautiful wispy clouds up in the sky that you will also think of Luke and remember him with love. 

Check back soon as we will have some photos and details from our amazing day with Luke up shortly!

Note:  The slide show on our blog is of many of the cirrus clouds we have seen while Luke was here with us.  Here's a bigger version of the slide show, weblink

7 comments:

  1. We are so grateful that all went well, and that so many of your sweet prayers were answered. The folks at the Grand Court send you their love. We know that rest is the key for you both at this time. Please understand that we are so proud of you for listening to your hearts, and for loving your little son so much. We love you! Booie,John, Leah and Shauna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sarah and Joe...what a beautiful and meaningful name.I am so pleased that you got to meet Luke :)
    Fiona
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I haven't been able to get you off my mind, and my prayers for the 3 of you have been constant these past few days since I received the email from Lauren. Luke was truly blessed to have 2 such extraordinary parents chosen for him by God. Your blog is such a beautiful chronicle and I feel blessed to be reading it. I will continue to pray for God's grace and healing over your lives in the months ahead. "All things are possible..." Hugs to you, Erin(Thomson)Bise

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful name...I will look for Luke with his angel wings everytime I see cirrus clouds....xooxReba

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful name! The three of you have been in my thoughts and prayers.. I am so glad that you finally got to meet your precious little guy.. and I am so grateful that a lot of your prayers were answered.

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah (and Joe),

    I learned of Luke's birth from one of my co-workers at SRS and stopped by to read your blog. You have weighed heavily on my mind this week and I just wanted to let you know I am praying for your family this week as you have been both celebrating and grieving. I am confident that God will use this for His glory in the coming days, weeks, months, years.

    Monica Gildner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking about this lately and can't stop thinking about little Luke up there..
    I'm not good at expressing the thoughts I have, but I have faith that my prayers for your family are heard and God's wisdom and grace is in your hearts and minds as you face your day.
    Everything happens for a reason and according to God's plan.
    Sometimes that is all the strength we have to keep carrying on.
    Luke will never be forgotten, and will always be a a part of more lives than you can imagine.
    We love you guys!!!
    JZ, Wendy, Park, and Elise

    ReplyDelete