Sunday, April 4, 2010

3 Months



My Sweetest Luke,

Today is Easter...and I'm afraid this one has been a little bit bittersweet despite our best efforts.  Your dad and I miss you so much Luke and speak of you often...wondering what you are up to, what you would be doing if you were here with us now.  Oh how I wish you were here with us, going to church, breathing in this beautiful fresh spring air, enjoying all of the colors that are appearing....the birth of a new season. It seems that everywhere I look, I see things that I wish I could show you or teach you about....flowers, grass, wind, rain, thunder, why we celebrate Easter...  But instead, your dad and I drove around this morning in the sunshine with our windows down looking at and taking pictures of all of your beautiful cirrus clouds that were overhead.  They were amazing and a special reminder from God that you are up there with him where beauty is everywhere around you.

Luke I miss you so much. I talk to your pictures, and remember your birthday like it was an hour ago.  I think about you all the time and wonder how much you would be growing and wishing you were here with your dad and I today and every day.  Today being Easter, we all are celebrating life after death, resurrections and renewal, victory, power and grace.  You were a gift to us sweet boy.  Every minute you were with us both inside my belly and out. 

Happy birthday Luke.  We treasure you and love you more every day.  I wish I could hold your hands and kiss your sweet face and tell you everything in person, but that will have to wait until our reunion and I am looking forward with all my aching heart to that day.  This year I'm celebrating Easter with a mending heart and a much deeper personal appreciation for what Christ did for us all on the cross.  It's because of what he did that I am able to celebrate your resurrected life in heaven with Jesus today too.  My heart overflows with gratitude.

Love and kisses to you my sweet little guy.  I miss you more than I can say.
xoxo
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Joe and Sarah,
    I was thinking of you both on Sunday. Joel and I continue to send up prayers for your healing and peace. You are loved.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete