Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Four Months

My Sweet Boy Luke,
Four months ago today our little family was born.  We could not take our eyes off of you and wanted to savor and soak in every single second we were given with you.  We instantly fell head over heels in love with you as we held you in our arms never wanting to let you go. Our hearts remiain heavy but our cherished photos of our time with you are starting to bring some smiles along with the tears.  You were a little guy who made a HUGE impact upon so many lives- especially your Daddy's and mine.  We appreciate everything in our lives so much more because of you.  Although we know you are in heaven, we miss you terribly and long for just one more glimpse of your precious face, one more snuggle, one more tiny grip from your fingers...

Jesus taught that we are to place the treasure of our hearts in heaven and heaven alone- not in earthly things, people or places.  I understand that concept much more profoundly and personally now because of you, Luke.  I speak for both your daddy and me when we say that our treasure is truly in heaven because that is where you are sweet boy.  You are our greatest treasure Luke and we are so grateful to your Maker for the incredible day we got to spend with you in our arms four months ago.  We love you more every minute and continue our daily watching of the sky for glimpses of you through your beautiful cirrus clouds.

This past month has been especially difficult in missing you- I feel like you are everywhere - in every baby cry I hear, every pregnant belly reminds me of our time growing together, every stroller, every little boy I see, every carseat... I wonder what you are doing and who is playing with you and telling you stories and snuggling you in my absence....while it is comforting to think of all of our loved ones taking turns laughing, holding and loving you...I simply and selfishly wish it was our turn.

It feels like we have lived a lifetime in these past four months, and yet it feels impossible that only four months have passed.  I remember your birthday like it was yesterday.  My memories of you are vivid, beautiful and very much alive.  You are in my heart and mind's eye every minute of every day, Luke. Your life continues to make my life richer and I know that richness will only deepen as time continues to pass by.  I adore you my sweet boy, more every day.  You are my treasure.

Happy four month birthday sweet Luke!
Mom

3 comments: