Wednesday, August 4, 2010

7 Months


My Sweet Pea,

You are thought of and prayed for every day.
You are missed more than mere words can ever express.
There is a Luke-shaped hole in this world and in my heart.
I still study your sweet face for hours and can see you perfectly with my eyes closed.
I wish we were splashing around in a wading pool together this summer to beat the heat.
I wish I could hold your hand and kiss your sweet cheeks.
I would give anything to see your smile.
I cannot believe it has been seven months since I held you close and told you I loved you in person.
I still cry when I think of you.
I have started to meet and visit some of your friends.
They are amazing, but only make me miss you more which I never believed could be possible.
I'm so proud to be your mama.
I talk to you all the time- especially when I see your beautiful clouds in the sky.
Thank you for all you continue to teach me, Luke.
My life continues forward but my heart will forever be looking back for you.
You are loved. 
You are cherished.
You are missed.
More every day.
Love,
Your mom

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mothers love is strong and unconditional you are always in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i pray God will continue to give you strength my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words-beautiful heart-beautiful mother-beautiful woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing mommy. Luke is much beloved. And so are you.

    ReplyDelete