Monday, October 4, 2010

9 Months


Dearest Luke,
It seems impossible to believe that it has been nine months since your sweet voice cried out and filled our hearts with joy. Nine months have blurred together, not because time has moved fast, but because we have had to learn to live and see life with new eyes and through our fractured hearts. Your Daddy and I miss you terribly and look for you in the sky every day. We call each other whenever we see some really good cirrus clouds and we always try our best to take photos of these beautiful glimpses of you.

I still talk to you and think you are the most beautiful and brave little guy in the world.  Your life and story continue to touch people's hearts and I'm so thankful that I was chosen to be your mom.  We remain absolutely smitten with you sweet boy. I just wish I could hold you close and see you smile and learn and grow.

I'm missing you more every day that I get farther from your birthday, but I also know that with each day that passes, I'm a day closer to seeing you again.  My heart will forever have a Luke-shaped hole in it.  I love you, Luke.

Love and Kisses (lots and lots of them!),
Your Mama

3 comments:

  1. Thought of you and Joe yesterday, my friend. Your little guy has a special place in my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said, as always. Missing your sweet boy with you ... Jess

    ReplyDelete