Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Fragile Clay Vessel




I dont know what to write.  I have so much spinning through my head these days that I honestly feel a tad bit lost, direction-less and on the fragile side.  My heart was broken last week as our church family mourned the sudden loss of an incredible, godly 35 year old husband and father.  Suddenly, I was reminded afresh that God offers no guarantees to his followers.  While I did not personally know this man well, his life and story has forever impacted my own.  As a result, I have been acutely aware of the blessings my dear family and friends are in my life and I have been trying to be more intentional with the ways that I cherish my time with them.

Among many other things going on, our house is back on the market which is both a good and a bad thing.  I love it because it means we are one step closer to our next chapter as a family- making a house a home together.   I dread it because all the work of preparing has been completed and now I have to simply W-A-I-T.  And I'm not a good wait-er....  

When I wait, I feel anxious.  It is easy to say with my words that I'm trusting, that I'm being still and that I have faith things will work out.  However, my thoughts tell a different story...and God knows my thoughts and sees my heart which has not been the prettiest or most peaceful as of late.  I am so thankful that he is the God who sees, who knows and who loves me in spite of all of my faults.  I am thankful today that his strength is perfected in my weakness(es).  I am thankful that He has given me purpose today and my job is to listen up and be obedient to his guidance. I am thankful that He has a plan and that I'm a part of it.  

    Father,
        I thank you that in seasons like this one, where you have me way out of my comfort zone and  so much ahead is unknown, you have reminded me to be still and know you are God.  I thank you that you have a plan, that you can be trusted, that you love me and have called me for your purposes.  Forgive my unbelief, my doubts, my anxiousness and my worries. I love you, and I trust you.  Renew my mind and transform my heart as only you, the Potter, can do.
        In Christ's Name,
                             Amen

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, I just wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your blog so much! I love following along with Lily's progress and we at our house were also heart broken last week with the tragedy that you spoke about! Keep on going sister, you are doing great in this crazy world :) Good luck with the house selling, I will be excited to see where it leads your sweet family!

    amanda jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed to read this today. Last week two men I know, both 71, died after very short bouts with cancer. I am in the middle of a very stressful season of life and needed to be reminded to be still and have faith. Thank you for sharing your prayer.

    ReplyDelete