Friday, November 30, 2012

Welcome Home! (Finally!)



Welcome!


Here are a few initial glimpses of our new place.  I am not a real estate writer, so the basics are: it has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, an unfinished basement, TONS of natural light, two stories, a two car garage, an open floor plan (which we LOVE), an awesome back yard, is on a cul-de-sac and is surrounded by families with young kids which has so far been a blast!  

The sweet family we bought from had two daughters who left us this message when we came for our inspection.  It made us feel so happy!
Not ideal, but I only had a certain lens for my camera with me when I took this photo, hence the only way I could get all of the letters in one shot was this angle.
 Seriously! It about made me cry I loved it so much! 

I forgot to rotate this one...my hubby is cringing right now... sorry babe!








I loved that they took the time to write it out for us, color it in and also make each letter special... so adorable!  

We never got to officially meet them, but throughout all of our "official" dealings, they were easy and honest which says a lot these days.  In my heart I know they were/are amazing people.  Its clear from meeting our new neighbors that everyone really liked them and were sad to see them go.  Maybe someday our paths will cross again and we will have the chance to be friends.  I really think they would be people we would really like too.

Initially I wanted to show you all the house when things were "put together" and all tidy etc, but what I know now, is that those moments are RARE, so now, there will be some real life mixed in with these photos for your enjoyment.  The goal is to get something posted not perfection! So without further delay... here we go!

Some of the outside features we are enjoying are...

Seriously! It's really great to have a doorbell.


There are nice outdoor lights flanking our garage door.

A nice little front garden/flower bed area for Luke's statue to sit in and greet our guests.
Here is our front door. Our front porch is not huge, but it has two steps and is nice and shady in the afternoon.  I am excited to find some good seasonal decor to help it look and feel happier.  This year our seasonal decor consisted of our lone pumpkin that sat there this fall after our mums died.  It was admittedly pretty sad looking, but hopefully as time goes on, that will change. 



More photos soon! My little napper is waking up, gotta run-

3 comments: