Friday, October 31, 2014

A Four Month Recap and Time Lapse


Life is busy these days.  A great busy, but busy nonetheless.  It is apparent based on the quantity of posts here that I rarely sit down with my computer these days the way I would like, but- I have been trying to take lots of photos. One of my favorite things I did when Lily was a baby, was my monthly posts where she updated the world on what she was up to on each of her monthly birthdays.  I have not been good about posting Logan's here, but I have been keeping track in hopes of doing the same thing with little Logan and finally have a few minutes to catch you up!  



HELLO WORLD!!

I am four months old now! Can you even believe it? Mom says I am getting cuter by the minute too. I am really busy napping these days.  Mom has been working with me on sleep training and I am really starting to get the hang of it.  I generally take two naps a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  Mom especially likes it when I nap at the same time as my sister, which is most afternoons now.  Last night was my best night ever- I slept for twelve straight hours all by myself! Until then, I had been sleeping for 12-13 hours total at night, only waking up once (occasionally twice) to eat, but last night I finally rounded that corner and made it all the way through.  I almost didn't recognize my mom when she came in to get me this morning, she looked so refreshed and rested!  I love to smile and have a sweet disposition and am beginning to get some really adorable chubby legs and arms that my mom loves to squeeze and kiss.  I only get upset when I need something important and am in general, a very easy going little guy.



I can easily (and quickly) roll from my back to my tummy now.  I love this trick and I like to look around while I'm up on my tummy doing tummy time.  I rarely get upset during tummy time any more which is a huge breakthrough. I like being able to roll this way because now I can sleep on my tummy too!  I am just learning how to reach for toys to play with, and I'm getting stronger each day.  I still struggle a little bit with rolling from my tummy to my back, but every once in awhile, I can do it and then I'm off to the races making my way across the floor.  I cannot wait until I can actually get moving!



At my doctor appointment yesterday, I had to get lots of shots, but I only cried for a minute after my mommy picked me up and snuggled me.  It made me feel better to have my sis there holding my hand too.  I now weigh almost 17lbs!  I am wearing size 6months in clothes.  I am growing so big and strong! 



I drink between 5-6oz in my bottle at each feeding and am getting ready to start drinking even more.  I am even learning how to hold my own bottle! (I still need help though because I also like to put my hands in my mouth at the same time while I'm trying to drink).  I enjoy reading books, playing with toys, talking, sitting on people's laps, playing outside but my favorite activity by far is taking a bath.  I LOVE to kick and splash in my bathtub.  I laugh, I squeal with delight and I pretty much love to kick and move my arms and legs all the time.  I'm still not a huge fan of my carseat, but I'm getting so much better.  I adore my big sister and love to pull her hair.  She never gets angry with me.  I'm dressing up as a pumpkin for Halloween this year and can't wait for trick or treating!  


My mom is posting some of my older photos from when I was little so you can see how much I have grown.  I cannot wait to see what the next month of life will bring! 

xo
Love,
Logan

Here I am when I was one month old...


When I was this age, I ate every 2-3 hours 2-3 ounces at a time.  I was a good sleeper and I loved being swaddled. I hated my car seat and would scream the entire time my mom would make me be in it. I did great on the big drive back home from Utah, but once I got a little bit older, I was not a fan. I had to do tummy time every day, and I was also not a big fan of that either.  Mommy told me it would help me to become strong, but it is just hard!





This is my big sis.  She is one of my favorite people on this planet.  She loves to help take care of me.  She did not like it that mom was only taking pictures of me today, so she jumped in on my photo shoot to "help" mom...  Mom wasn't thrilled about it, but I loved it and so did Lily.  She is funny.






Here I am at two months!


This is the month where I learned to smile and melt everyone's hearts. I only liked napping for about 45 minutes at a time and began eating 4-5 ounces in each bottle.  I still woke up every 3-4 hours, but I had some longer stretches of 6 hours or so at night which gave my parents lots of hope for the future!  Mommy began reading her sleep training book for me this month and started giving me more naps which I needed and loved.  I would fall asleep easily, but woke up sooner than she wanted me to.  I guess we will get it figured out someday as I get bigger.  I loved being snuggled and rocked.

I worked hard every day on my tummy time, and saw lots of progress this month.  It was still hard for me, but I began to notice I was getting stronger. I still hated my car seat.  I started giggling a little bit this month and also found my voice and began "talking" with my family.  I still loved and needed my swaddle to relax and sleep in, but I began to get so strong, that I could kick and bust my way out of it at night- even the miracle blanket!  When this would happen, I woke up and cried, so mommy and daddy had to come and re-swaddle me so I could fall back to sleep.  They said I was a very good baby when I was two months old.  I think my big sister is the best!












Here I am at three months!



This was a big month for me.  I gradually learned to sleep without a swaddle and started sleeping in sleep sacks.  I started napping for longer periods of time which made everyone happier (especially me!) and I also started to establish a fairly regular schedule which made my mom really happy! I began holding my head up by myself which also made everything easier.  I love to look around and watch my sister run around the house.  She is a hoot and makes me laugh.  I went to sunday school for the first time this month and I loved it.  I now drink 6oz with every bottle and have about 6 bottles in a 24 hour period.

 This month I starting having a bedtime of 6:30pm and woke up around 1am to eat and then went back to sleep until about 5:30am when I ate again and then slept until about 7:30am.  I loved all of my rest and I woke up happy and ready to tackle the day- at least until my morning nap.  I became SUPER smiley and happy this month.  I started getting kind of drooly which was fun because I liked to make spit bubbles and noises with my mouth and eat my hands too.  I loved to "talk" to my family and kick and move around.  I learned to roll from my back to my tummy this month which has made my tummy time so much more fun because I can choose to do it myself! I still don't know how to roll from my tummy to my back, so sometimes I get stuck and need some help.  I learned that I loved sleeping on my tummy and I looked forward to each day!











Time Lapse....





xo,
Love, 
Logan

1 comment: