Tuesday, February 19, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 19- Your Hair


Exhibit A: Where is the cute bow that was in just a few minutes before we tried to get a wiggly little cousins photo?

Sweet Lilybug,

I love your hair.  I really, really do. I love how soft it is and how sweet it smells.   love that it grows from your head and I love that its getting longer by the second.  I love its color, the way it shines in the sunlight and I love that its actually getting long enough to style in pigtails and bows.  You love your hair when it blows in the wind.  Your laughter when that happens is completely contagious and I find myself eager to go outside with you on windy days just so we can giggle about your hair blowing around all crazy.  I could seriously do that with you for hours.  I love how much you love it.  

One element about taking your baths at night is that most nights you go to bed with damp hair which leads to some CRAZY bed-head in the morning.  Your bed head is cute and adorable when we are playing around here at home, but not always so cute and adorable when we are out and about around town and I have forgotten to or been unable to tame it down and help you look more presentable.  (Bad mama!) I'm super sorry about this.

Another element about your hair is that it is currently in that difficult "in-between" stage of growing out.  When it is pulled back out of your eyes, it is not a problem and it looks very cute, but if it is "natural," well, sometimes your hair can look rather shaggy, un-kept and at times, kind of wild.  We have not cut it yet and I try really hard to keep it pulled back with cute bows and such, but that does not always work because you sometimes have other plans for how you want to wear your hair.  

So yes, there are some days when I snap a photo of you doing the cutest thing, but your hair is all crazy and I cringe a little bit.  We try our best, right? It's tough.  I want it out of your face so we can see your sweet eyes and so you can see this big world you live in, but you sometimes just want to be in control of your hair and I, in choosing my battles, let you have control.  

On those days where your hair is in your face, you carry on like it is not a problem...but when the inevitable setback occurs and some tears and some snot get added in, well, the hair surrounding your adorable little face often becomes a regular gunky tangle.  That's the part of your hair we both agree we do NOT love, but I secretly still do because it is sweet little you and I love every single hair on your sweet little peanut head.  Even the gunky ones.  xoxo

* I should also note, I'm not a hair genius myself and often times, my hair could use some (or a lot of) serious help of its own.  I just wanted to put that out there in case anyone reading this knows me and was thinking it.  I know don't worry, I am thinking it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment