Friday, February 22, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 22- Your Love of Weather




As a complete weather nerd, I LOVE seeing your face light up when you hear a rumble of thunder or feel the splash of raindrops on your little face.  You joyfully proclaim "SNOW!!!! (with a silent 's')" when you see the ground covered in white or flakes falling from the sky.  You always want to hold our umbrella in the rain and by pure coincidence, we have been running errands the past few times it has been raining here- which has been an absolute blast.  I love to be hunkered down with you beneath our broken down umbrella zipping across the parking lot in the rain giggling and getting wet.  I like watching you stare out the window watching it snow or rain and the smile that spreads across your little face when a rumble of thunder is especially loud.  I like to think you enjoy the beauty of a storm as much as I do.

All suited up and surveying the snow situation from the edge of the garage moments before you realized that your hands were freezing and that you wanted to go inside after all.  Gloves were not an option.

Just days ago, God dropped a foot of fresh snow outside of our house and your 'oooohs' and 'Alwite'-s continue to cause the joy of it all to linger.  You were not a huge fan of playing in the cold snow because you did not want to have your gloves on, but you have loved looking at it all through the window and watching Daddy shovel.  

Some of my fondest memories of my dear grandmother include watching some storms roll across the prairie towards her little farmhouse where we would sit on her porch together feeling and enjoying the power of God move through nature, and I look forward to doing that with you, my beautiful little future storm watcher.  I love that you are enjoying discovering weather and all of the excitement it can bring with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment