Wednesday, February 27, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 27- Your Energy


Heading into the playroom straight from breakfast...at a full on run!

Dearest Busy Lily,

You literally move at full speed all day long.  The only times I can truly say you are "still" for any prolonged period of time are when you are sleeping, or buckled into your carseat or high chair!   It is full steam ahead from the second you awaken until the moment you lay down in bed.  As someone for whom it takes awhile to get going in the morning, I envy this about you.  The way you run from room to room instead of walking, the way you can sit still for only a few seconds at a time before you decide it is time to get going again.  How you love to spontaneously start jumping just for the heck of it.  The way you love to just start dancing and twirling around when you hear music and even sometimes when you don't.  I always want to remember the way you are a constant, beautiful blur of motion and light everywhere you go.

Tonight at bath time, Daddy was helping you while I was literally "resting" my head on the side of the tub as I watched you splash around, fill your cup in the faucet, play with your bath toys and chatter away to your Daddy about your day.  I was exhausted, but you were still going strong.

You are my busy bee and I am constantly trying to reframe my frustration from my recent parade of blurry photos of you as a joyful reminder of how fast our lives are moving these days.  Daddy reminded me tonight as I was "resting" my head and lamenting my exhaustion that I too could have a little more energy if I napped for a few hours each day and slept for twelve hours each night (which is true) but something tells me that you, with all of your sparkle and twinkles would still have more energy than me even on my best day.  But I like it this way because you keep me on my toes and always in motion trying to keep up with you!  You are my whirling blur of energy, laughter and movement and I honestly thank God for the blessing of getting to share that with you every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment