Thursday, February 21, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 21 - How Much You Love Your Shoes




Our Future Fashionista,

Oh, how you love your shoes! Sparkly ones, shiny ones, flip flops, Uggs, snow boots, Mary Janes, velcro ones, crocs, shoes with laces, tennis shoes and slippers...you love them all and have many strong opinions about which ones you want to wear at any particular given moment.  Your current favorites are your pink sparkly ones from Target that are now (I'm afraid) about a 1/2 size too small which makes me very sad because you truly love them.  We have been blessed with many great hand me downs and sales, so I have to admit, you do have a great variety to choose from these days (yes, I am jealous)! 

It is so fun (at least when we are not in a hurry) to watch you decide which ones to wear, only to change your mind a few moments later.  I have noticed that you are an ACE at taking your shoes off seconds after I get you buckled into your car seat which at times can drive me a little bit crazy because you then fling your shoes and socks all over the car where I then have to track them down underneath seats and in the way back of our SUV (you've also got an arm on ya) when we arrive at our destination.  I have wisely started putting your selected shoes on only after we arrive where we are going because it seems easier to put them on your wiggly cute feet once instead of twice. Plus I feel like it gives me at least a slight illusion of control!  

The first time you put your own shoe on!   "Taa-daa!"  (bad photo taken fast at a red light)
In other shoe news, just this past week, we were driving along and I heard you exclaim from the back seat, "Taa-daa!"  I looked back and after taking your shoe off, you had put it back on all by yourself!  This was a first and you were super excited about it.  We both clapped our hands and did a little celebration of your accomplishment because we are the only ones who know how hard you have been working on that skill.  It was so sweet and I was super proud of you and enjoyed seeing how happy it made you.  Yes, your shoe was on the wrong foot, but that is not the point.  Neither one of us cared about that minor detail.  When we got to the grocery store, I happily put your other shoe on the wrong foot and away we went into the store with no one but us knowing what big deal had just transpired.  It was hands down, one of my favorite trips to the grocery store with you ever and still today it makes me smile to think of your cute feet dangling down from your perch in the grocery cart with your shoes on the wrong feet...super happy.

Just hanging around in your jammies and boots...
The best however, is when we are playing around the house and you want to wear your shoes over your footed pajamas.  I have given up trying to explain that one does not necessarily wear shoes with pajamas, but I have conceded that I indeed may have been wrong about that, because you consistently and joyfully continue to prove me wrong...and I absolutely love it.


1 comment:

  1. Lila got those pink sparkly shoes for Christmas and they are her go-to pair, too! I would say you could look forward to them as a hand-me-down, but I don't think they'll make it! The sparkles on the toes are already chipping off from the constant wear and abuse they receive!

    ReplyDelete