Thursday, November 3, 2011

An Important Message from Lily....

Hello Everyone!


  I'm six months old today!


I'm doing all kinds of new things these days.... I am working on my sitting.  I can do the tripod sit pretty well but am not quite sitting all by myself yet.  I still love my bumbo seat and love to sit with someone helping me so I can use my hands to play.


I'm really good at grabbing things and can set my sights on something across the way and either roll or scooch myself over there until it is within reach.  I'm moving all over the place these days!  One of my favorite games is to see how far I can roll myself while mom is looking the other way.  She does not like that game very much, but I do!


My favorite way to play though, is on my tummy.  If you put me onto my back, I roll over really quickly so I can start playing. 


I'm getting really strong...


and just last week I pushed up onto all fours and have started rocking back and forth like I'm getting ready to crawl! I love to do this all the time and I can't wait until I can move all around the house! Mom is so excited to see me doing my new tricks, but she also told me that she is getting a little worried about how much I will soon be moving all around the house!


I'm getting ready to start eating some solid food here in the next couple of days or so.  I have no idea what to expect, but mom and dad got me a new high chair and I have been practicing sitting in it for a little bit at a time.  I don't like it very much right now so I only stay in there for a minute or two at a time.  Maybe when there is food involved I will like it more.


I like to talk a lot, giggle and laugh more and more.  I've enjoyed going for lots of walks with mom these past few weeks and I even took my first trip to the mountains and did great! I adjusted to the time zone change and altitude like a pro!  

Mom and Nana said I even did great on the long drive out to Colorado!  It got a little old being strapped into my car seat the whole time, but mom kept the toys rotating through to keep me entertained between naps. 


While I was in Colorado, I even got to see my first snowfall! I didn't really know what to think about it all and was really quiet while I just took it all in.  Mom and dad were really excited about it and kept me very bundled up so I would not catch a chill.


I'm sleeping really well these days.  I love to take a morning and afternoon nap that are usually anywhere between an hour and a half to two and a half hours long each.  I go to bed around 6pm every night and wake up once for a little bite to eat and then go back to sleep until the morning.  I know how to put myself to sleep, but occasionally if I wake up too early, I cry a little bit until I fall back to sleep.


I am enjoying my bathtime more and more these days too.  I love my rubber duckie and my rubber froggie that are in the water with me.  I love to kick my legs and make lots of splashes.  I do not like binkies, but I love sucking on my fingers to soothe myself.  


I went to the doctor today and got a great report.  I weigh almost 15 pounds and am 25+ inches tall now!  I love other kids and especially babies.  Pretty much everything I play with I like to put into my mouth, so I'm keeping mom really busy with keeping everything washed, scrubbed and clean!  I love the weekends when our whole family is together and always feel a little blue when my dad has to go back to work on Monday mornings.  


Mom and I have lots of fun and she's right, our days are just flying by!  I can't believe I'm already six months old!
xo,
Love, 
Lily

6 comments:

  1. Lily, You are such a big girl! And look at all that pretty hair you're getting! What a great mama you have to keep us all up to date on your busy life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily, I love all of your precious facial expressions. What a sweet face!! Happy six month birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that. face. I would never get anything done because I would just want to kiss those cheeks all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! This age is where it starts to be so much fun...they are chubby, happy, drooly - probably 6-18 months was my most favorite age! Happy half birthday, Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DELIGHTFUL!!! She is simply stunning. Every single time I see her...those eyes...they are YOURS. I just adore that. XOXOOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete