Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Glimpse of Me


Hello Friends!

I'm sitting here enjoying the few moments of the day I have to myself (after baby goes to bed and fifteen before hubby gets home) thinking about my life.  I thought since I have not written all week, I'd give you a little glimpse....


Where I currently am: In a recliner in our front room, laptop on my lap,  "reclining" on a giant ice pack while wrapped in a blanket.

What has been #1 on my mind this past week: My back.  I threw it out last Friday afternoon and have been in almost constant discomfort and pain since.  I think about it non-stop.  My husband has been amazing and has really helped pick up my slack around here since I pretty much cannot bend or lift.  My mom has been a hero by spending a lot of her days helping me care for Lily.  I have am fortunate to have many friends who have helped me with supplies, recommendations, numbers for their physical therapist pals etc.  But still.  This is the 4th or 5th time this has happened to me in my life and every time, I feel like I will never walk or function normally ever again...which may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it feels very true.

The high point of my day: Naptime.  She took two good naps today!  I adore my little gal, but she is on the GO these days and so when she is awake, it is all motion, all the time and usually I'm on the floor with her.  Normally I love this and it is the best part of my day, however, with my trick back, being on the floor has not been too fun this week. So naptime = rest, stretching, ice and Downton Abbey reruns.

The low point: When Lily made a break for the stairs in my parent's basement (to go up them, not down) and I was on the floor and had to move really quickly, then bend over and scoop her up before she could "discover" this new fun "toy" in Nana and Grandpa's basement.  I'm sure I was not moving all that quickly, but according to my back, I was moving waaaay too fast and in the wrong directions.  (See what I mean about my back dominating my life these days?) Ugh.

What is for dinner:  I am currently defrosting some Seafood Chowder leftovers that we had in our freezer.  This week has been almost all freezer meals that I had on hand or carry out.  It has been nice, but I'm going to have to do some batch cooking to restock after this week!


What I'm listening to: Quiet.  Blissful quiet.

What I'm being challenged by these days: (Okay, aside from my back) Trying to figure out what God is calling me to do.  I know I am busy with my own full time job running the household and taking care of Lily, but I also feel like I have more I could be doing. 


What I wish was different: I wish I was in better shape and that we had a money tree that grew in the back yard (and of course that Luke was here- that one goes without saying).

 What I'm looking forward to this weekend: Celebrating our anniversary.  We are going on a real date tomorrow night to dinner and a movie (in a theater)!  It will be our first time seeing a movie in a movie theater since before Lily was born.

What I'm afraid of: Always being out of shape and feeling way older than I am- like I do now.

What I've been putting off:  I have been wanting to try making these homemade Lara bars (energy bars).  I have all of the ingredients, but none of the energy or courage (I have never cooked with or purchased dates until now, so it feels a little bit like a learning curve) to tackle them.  Perhaps this weekend... that and a craft project I started in early December for Valentine's Day.  I seriously have not done another thing to it since I started it aside from shuffle it around the house from pile to pile and it is only about 20% finished and now Valentine's Day is Tuesday.  Yikes!  Would love to have that finished in time!

My gratitude gifts for today: a large, clean baby safe basement at my parent's house where Lily can safely play and roam freely (aside from those pesky stairs at the other end of the basement!), good naps from my little gal today, Downton Abbey Season 1 on Netflix, large ice packs, many happy smiles and giggles from my sweet, little companion

Well, there you have it- a little glimpse into my world today.  I hope you are doing well and have been enjoying your week!   Happy Friday Eve everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the glimpse into your world. Love you friend and hope your back is on the mend! Blessings and hope you had a super terrific anniversary! xo

    ReplyDelete