Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Week in the Life- Monday

5:15am: Greeted by this sweet face after 9+ hours of consistent sleep!  Note that she is still swaddled up, but her head is now where her feet were when we put her down the night before!  How does she do this????

7am:  Every Monday morning these dear friends come over for an hour or so for some conversation, prayer and a time for shared encouragement.  It is an amazing way to begin our weeks...

Lily spent time in her swing during their visit...

8:50am:  Lily is down for her morning nap and I enjoy a bowl of granola for breakfast...(and some decaf coffee)

9:05am: A glimpse of our kitchen sink still full of rinsed dishes from the night before that we did not load into the already-full-of-clean-dishes-that-need-to-be-put-away dishwasher because we did not want to wake up Lily with all of the clinking of plates and glasses...

9:10am: Trying to quietly tackle the sink of dishes without waking up the sleeping beauty...

11:10am: After being awakened from her nap at 10:30, Lily has a little food in her belly and is ready for an adventure outside the house (rare in this heat wave!)  We are off to meet our friend Erin for lunch at Panera.

12:25: Enjoying a fun lunch with our pal, Erin.  * Imagine a great photo of a delicious Thai Chicken Salad....

1:45pm:  Lily has a full belly and is down for her afternoon nap.  I have set up my computer to begin working on my Sunday post for A Week in the Life... (I also had a fun chat with my brother who lives in Wyoming).

3pm:  Still working on the blog post....

I'm a huge list maker and here is my self-imposed to-do list for the week...

4:30pm: Watching West Wing episodes while feeding Lily.  I am already almost finished with season 5...  I love Netflix!

5:15pm: A self portrait.  I love this one because I always want to remember how much Lily loves putting her hands in her mouth...she sometimes gets worked up into a smacking frenzy!  It's very cute. Now we are just waiting for Dad to arrive home from work....

Another glimpse of what I see every afternoon.  I have no words for the cuteness here...

5:40pm: We have moved from my lap to the Bumbo....



I love seeing her new discovery of and fascination with her own feet.  It's new within the last week or so...

5:50pm: Tummy time!  Lily is not a big fan of tummy time.  Although you can't tell by this photo, she is capable of holding her head up pretty well. Usually at the end of the day, she is already kind of pooped and this particular tummy time pushed her over the edge with crying so we stopped and snuggled.  We then walked around inside the house several times and finally went out onto the back porch for a change of scenery and temperature while we waited for dad to arrive home.  Being outside calmed her down as she had new things to observe and there was a hot breeze blowing.  Obviously there are no photos of these events as it required two hands at all times!

6:25pm:  Hooray!  Dad is home and we roll right into bath time...

Typically Lily rather enjoys her baths (she is not splashing around or anything, but not screaming either) but tonight, she was still worked up from tummy time and cried through the entire bath.  Poor little gal- I mean bunny!

Sweet girl.

* After bath time, Lily ate again and then went right to bed around 7:15pm.  I was exhausted and had a headache from all of her earlier crying....therefore, photo documentation dwindles a bit here. For dinner we had some delicious burritos.  After dinner, I worked on the blog, still trying to get my Sunday post finished...I was having some technical problems.  Luckily I am married to a technical genius...who also happens to be very supportive and encouraging of me doing this wild project!

9:40pm:  After hours of working on the blog and trying to figure it out on my own, my sweet hubby sits down to help me with HTML code...

My blogging nemesis.....

We turned in for the evening at about 10:15pm...

The Day in Numbers:
Number of diapers: 10
Number of hours spent feeding Lily: 4.25
Total number of hours napped by Lily: 3.5
Number of things crossed off to-do list: 3
Number of hours spent working on blog post: 5+
Number of episodes of West Wing watched: 2
Number of pages read in book: 6
Number of hours Lily slept after being put down for the night: 5
Total number of photos taken: 107

Observations:
Capturing moments is very difficult when you do not know what you are doing with your camera.
It is crazy hot outside!
My favorite moment of the day was not captured by my camera...Lily was in my lap with a multi-colored ball and was playing with it, staring at it, lifting it up, grabbing it, trying to put it in her mouth...she was doing all of these things for the first time and was completely content for quite a period of time...it was so much fun to watch her explore and discover....and my darn camera was across the room!
It is hard to balance getting out of the house with honoring Lily's napping "schedule"
I really look forward to Joe coming home in the evenings
This project is a wonderful time capsule but is very time consuming!

Gratitude:
Friends who genuinely want to know how you are doing in life- the good, the bad and the ugly
Friends who encourage, support, laugh and share life with you
Friends who make the effort to remain in contact
The first sip of coffee in the morning
Naptime= time to relax for mom
baby smiles
simple days

My Shot of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment