Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lily is 8 Months Old!


Hello Everyone!

I love putting everything in my mouth these days...
I'm eight months old today! 


It has been a really busy month around here and I have tried to best to keep my parents hopping.  You may have noticed that this month's photo shoot takes place in a different locale and that is because I am crawling all over the place now and enjoy pulling myself up on everything I can get my hands on!





It is so much fun!  I am easily sitting by myself now and am having a ball playing while sitting up.  It seems like a whole new world has opened up and I'm loving all of the exploring.  


I am discovering that my mom likes to put things "out of my reach" on the couch, but she is learning that this is no longer out of my reach! It's great!


I started crawling about half way through the month and then about ten days after that began pulling up on everything.  Mom keeps saying she wasn't prepared for me to be doing all of these things so soon!  I love to surprise her.


I'm very excited to try cruising and walking, but I'm still kind of wobbly so I stand against things and only "walk" when I have people helping me.


While standing, I sometimes enjoy holding onto things with just one hand- it makes my mom a little bit nervous when I do this.


I am sleeping great with my two big naps a day and then I sleep twelve to thirteen hours at night.  All of the work I did with mom to get into a sleep routine has really helped me develop a schedule we all enjoy.


I am eating more and more foods.  So far pears are my very favorite followed by avocados.  Mom and dad tell me that I am a very good eater.  I am still working on drinking from my sippy cup.  I mainly like to bang it around on my high chair and chew on it a little bit too.  Someday I will get it.  I also enjoy pretending that I can drink from mom's straw in her cup.  I don't really have the hang of it yet, but I like to pretend I do.


This month was also special because I celebrated my first Christmas!  I loved it.  


We traveled as a family to the mountains where there was over a foot of snow on the ground.  I enjoyed seeing it, but did not really know what to do or like it very much when the snow got on my hand.  


Luckily I had my pink snowsuit on, so I did not get too cold.  I loved all of the wrapping paper, new toys and lights.  It was so much fun.


This month I also celebrated my first New Years Eve! It was a lot of fun, we went to a party at a friend's house, where I slept in the basement in my pack and play until it was almost midnight, and then I could not take the excitement so I woke up to ring in the new year with everyone at the party.  It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed being awake to celebrate with my family and friends.


Some other firsts I had this month were:  riding in the shopping cart (the official way), 


riding in my new stroller sitting up and not in my car seat, 


and discovering my love for the bucket swing at the local park.  I loooovvvveeee to swing!


I can't imagine all of the adventures that are ahead, but I sure know I'm excited for them!  I hope everyone had a great holiday- see you next month!

xo
Love,
Lily

2 comments:

  1. So very precious. She looks like a peaceful, happy and content baby. So glad for you all. Covering you in prayer today as well. Love, julie

    ReplyDelete