Friday, February 1, 2013

28 Days of Lily Love: Day 1- What a Great Helper You Are

Dear Lily,

Here at the start of a new month, I thought I would do a little series of posts about things I am loving about you these days.  I have felt like I have not been good at documenting your life since I stopped doing your monthly birthday posts, so without further delay...here are just a few of the reasons why I am so crazy about you- my sweet little gal.

#1.  You are a helper.

Sometimes that is literal and other times it is figurative, but you love to help me around the house.  Here you are helping me put away dishes.  Each morning when I empty the dishwasher, you love to tell me where each item goes in the kitchen.  It is amazing how much you soak up about life when I'm not looking!  You know where all of our plates, cups, silverware, serving spoons, tupperware, sippy cups, sharp knives and little plastic bowls go!  Your favorite part about helping me put away dishes is when I don't notice that you have climbed up onto the dishwasher so you can be really close to the action!  I have been trying to teach you not to do this, but sometimes it is so cute, I just have to snap a photo!

You also love to help take both the clean and dirty laundry out of the basket when I'm not looking, pick out your own outfits, close and open every door in the house multiple times a day, sweep the floors, stir soup, fix me a meal in your kitchen, carry our plates to the kitchen sink, pick up ice cubes off the floor, take off your own shoes in the car and take the bows out of her hair.

But your very favorite way to help is to have me hold you while I am trying to do any and all of the above.  I know these days won't last, so I'm trying to remind myself of that when my arm feels like it is going to fall off from holding you while trying to fix dinner one-handed.  I secretly love it though...even when I don't.  You are my FAVORITE helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment