Wednesday, February 13, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 13- You are a Trooper!


a glimpse from Monday afternoon...

Oh My Sweet Little Lilybug,

I had not planned on writing on this particular topic in this series, but the past 48 hours have brought out my admiration for you in grand fashion.  I love that you are such a trooper!  For the past few weeks, you have had a little cold on and off.  Nothing major, no fever, nothing that took you out of the game per se, but your nose has been running - a lot.  But you have done your best to deal with it while maintaining a good attitude.  

Then, on top of your cold, you started cutting two new teeth at the same time (maybe more- you won't let me peek in the back of your mouth) which has only added to the mix of not feeling your best, and has also interfered with your normally awesome sleep rhythm with frequent wakes in the night for snuggles and some ibuprofen.

THEN, on Monday, you did not nap.  This is SUPER unusual for you unless we are way off our schedule which we were not, and I knew you were super tired from our morning's activities, so it was really odd that you did not crash out the way you normally would.  Monday afternoon was a real challenge as I could tell you did not feel well, but you tried your best to soldier on....but there were lots and lots of tears.

Then came today.  You were very tired from waking up during the night last night followed by a busy morning, but again you were unable to fall asleep when nap time rolled around.  I knew you were so, super tired and your inability to fall asleep had nothing to do with wanting to be awake...something was wrong.   I knew you were trying to tell me something (duh! hello mom!!?)  so I took you into the doctor's office and - wham.  Double ear infection.  Poor little girl!!

I felt awful that you had been probably dealing with this for the past couple of days but I did not realize it until today.  I'm glad you are such a great sleeper because when that disappears or is disturbed, I am learning that I can trust you are telling me that something is really wrong.  So thanks for hanging in there with me as I learn to speak your language.  I'm learning, sweet girl! Thanks for being such a trooper and trying so hard to stay your adorable cheerful self- especially when you don't feel like it!  I love you!

1 comment: