Thursday, February 28, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 28- Love- Plain and Simple




Our little Lovebug,

I'm sad our little month of posts is drawing to a close.  I have enjoyed focusing on only but a few of the ways I love you, and honestly, if I were to count, we could be here for a very long time because there are millions of things I love about you.  MILLIONS. I'm not joking!

Almost two years ago now, you burst into our lives opening love's floodgates and we haven't been the same since.  We now see life in color thanks to you and your laughter, your antics, your little hand squeezes, your snuggles and your sweetness.  I know we are only at the beginning of our journey together, but I wanted to tell you how much we love you and cherish all the ways you give and show love.    

Speaking of love, you have two bunnies and a blankie that are with you every time you lay down to sleep or just need a little extra soothing.  You love these guys- they are your peeps and we call them Mr. and Mrs. Bunny.  Right now, you just call them Bunny (ie. "Ba-Ba" while you do the sign for blanket).  You snuggle them, hug them close, offer them drinks of milk and bites of crackers.  You show concern when you think they may be cold (like for example when they are waiting for you in the car while we ran an errand) and you HATE it when they have to "take a bath" (be placed in the washing machine for some serious refreshing).  You carry them with you almost everywhere you go and you call for them when you cannot find them. It is safe to say you love them- big time.  We love them too because we know how much they mean to you and how much comfort they bring you when we are not around.

You also love your family.  You talk about your Daddy all day long while he is at work, you call Nana and Papa on your pretend phones and want to call your Uncle Mark at least five times a day.  You now give these incredible running hugs where you race across the room into the open arms waiting for you and you actually give hugs now by squeezing back- those are the BEST.  When you want to, you give some great good night kisses (which sometimes feel like mini head-buts) and you love to be cheek to cheek when we cook together.  You snuggle your head down onto my shoulder when you need a hug and you hold my hand when ever we walk somewhere together.  I love that you want to sit close while we read books and it is safe to say that I love every single one of these little connections that I get to share with you.

Being your Mama is my favorite thing in the world.  I love that you trust me to take care of you and that you call my name in the night when something is wrong.  When your brother was born, he turned me into a mother, but I didn't get to bring him home and be his Mama in the little moments and through the long days and nights.  But you have made me into a Mama and and not just any Mama but your Mama.  I love this journey of a million little steps that we've been blessed to be on together.

I love that I'm your Mama and that we have our own little language that no one else can speak or understand (yet).  I love that I understand what you are saying better than anyone else can.  I love that I still walk around to your side of the car and open the door to get you out even when you are not with me.  I love that I miss you after you go to bed at night.  I love that I can literally see your little brain learning things right before my very eyes.  I love that you mimik things that I say and with the same inflections that I use (well, most of the time!).  i love hearing your little voice through the monitor telling me you are awake and ready to go (like right now).

I love you, my sweet little Lilybug. You are my girl, whom I deeply, deeply love.  I pray you never forget our little saying that we say together so many times a day....Me:  "Who loves Lily?"  You:  "Mama (big smile)"....and I always, always, ALWAYS will.

xo

3 comments:

  1. I've really loved your daily posts. What's not to love about that sweet babe?

    Also, Josie has those owl Pj's and requests them frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also loved these posts. Lily is so loveable!! And, Eleanor has those jammies!! :) Give that sweet girl a squeeze from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep coming back to your blog hoping you decided to do this all through March, too. ;) And Lily looks JUST like you in this picture. JUST like you.

    ReplyDelete