Tuesday, February 12, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 12 - Your Love of Cooking




Dear Sweet Lily,

Today I want to tell you how much I love cooking with you.  You are an avid fan of helping me in the kitchen when it's time to fix dinner.  You are still too little to be standing on your own chair or sitting on the counter (well, you don't think so, but I do) so I spend most of the time holding you- which can and does get tricky when the cooking gets going.  I have learned to do a lot of things one handed and find myself remembering fondly the days where I used to prepare real meals with ease.  Now it all goes through the filter of what can I do with one hand?  or What do we have that does not require any use of knives?  You know, things like that...

You love to help dump things into our crock pot, you like for me to hold you while I stir soup or sauce, and you love to watch meat brown on the stove.  Shaking up the juice is another favorite of yours along with pushing down the press on our French press coffee.  It is a fun process to do together even when my arms are shaking in protest due to carrying you for 25 minutes straight around our kitchen.  But in your defense, you just want to be in on the action.  You are snuggled close - usually cheek to cheek with me- while we cook and I love that....really, there is nothing sweeter.  Another added bonus of you cooking with me is that after you have helped prepare the meal, you almost always enjoy eating it too!  

For Christmas you got your own play kitchen that you have loved cooking in these past couple of months.  You fix up all kinds of masterpieces for us to enjoy.  My favorite though, are the picnics we have in the playroom.  Those are the best.  You are a wonderful cook and I cannot wait to see what you  have in store for us in the years to come! Love you, Lilybug!

A picnic...

No comments:

Post a Comment