Monday, February 25, 2013

28 Days of Loving Lily: Day 25- Your Love of Peek-a-Boo!


I love the look of joy on your face in the reflection...
Peek-a-boo is one of my favorite games we play these days...You can be sitting at the kitchen table, hiding behind a chair, taking a bath or just simply looking the other way, when all of the sudden, you will lower your head or duck down low and pop back up and say "Baa-pa-baa!!!" Which is how you say "Peek a boo!"  Over and over and over again and it is (I admit) a lot of fun to see you enjoying playing this game so much.  I'm not sure when it clicked in for you, but lately you have been playing it non-stop around here.  

When you were younger we would play it all the time by covering our eyes and you loved that version as well, but this new one is always instigated and led by you, which makes it even better.  You giggle, crack yourself up, have the most adorable expression of glee on your face (eyebrows raised and eyes wide with excitement) and last night you even started playing peek-a-boo with your own reflection in the window during dinner.  (I could not resist snapping a photo of you having such a great time.)  

I know there will be days in the future where you are too busy playing or are out with your friends, and I will glance around the house with memories filling my mind of all of the fun and cute little games we used to play during this season of your life and I always want to remember your sweet little voice wanting to play and calling out, "Baa-pa-baa!" to me from across the room. Be still my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment